Explaining the election (in parentheses: to pursue):
- A critical shift in the organization of the economy post 1968, from industrial to hi-tech capitalism (occupational structures?).
- Leaving many dependent on the old economy hurt and at a loss, largely the white working class, hold-over racism and sexism accentuated as scapegoats. (foreclosures, evictions, bankruptcies, struggling suburban homeowners – not the really poor, homeless)
- They reacted with anxiety and an emotional attachment to the past Deep Story (their traditional identity?).
- They blamed, quite rightly, “the” establishment, although not clear as to its membership, pushed by media etc. to blame “government” (social media, TV, not press?)
- Trump as politician picked up on this, despite his own membership in the new establishment (motivation? pathological egotism? Business).
- The anxious white ex-working class built up a deep story, a vision, abetted by Trump and the media that was heavily emotional (shaping identities?)
- That story, built on real…
View original post 119 altre parole